ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

(1/30) > >>

mouser:
Countdown to the 2011 Fundraiser: [countdown=3,1,2011,7,0,Starts in ,.]Has Begun![/countdown]

On this thread I think I was asked to start a new thread where people can pledge to do something for the March 2011 fundraiser.

The idea is to have a bunch of special things happening in March that will bring some attention to the site and encourage long time members and new members alike to make a donation to the site.

From this standpoint, I think some of the more useful things we could are things that we do one-per-day for the entire month; things that show off what is special about the site.

So for me I think at the top of the list would be Coding Snacks (software) and Mini-Reviews.

If we could find enough people to pledge to write a coding snack or a mini-review, it would be nice to be able to announce that we will have one new coding snack and one new mini-review of a software program per day.  But I'm not sure that's realistic...  And it's very important that we not commit to something we can't pull off..

So I think the question or this thread is.. what are you willing to (comfortably) pledge to do in the month of march for our fundraiser?

mouser:
If we can find other people to get us up to one per day, I am willing to pledge to release 5 small coding snack utilities in March.  That would leave 26 more we'd have to find coders to create.  If we can't get enough pledges to do it that's ok -- please do NOT pledge less than you can confidently accomplish spread throughout the month (we can't have them all arriving on last day of the month -- they have to come one per day!).

skwire:
Count me in for five.  Plus any slack we have.  =]

timns:
Pledge: to release a new DC app sometime in March

Pledge: to do a review of a previously un-reviewed piece of software, again sometime in March

Pledge: (if we adopt it) to take up Stoic Joker's suggestion of getting the donations moving around!

Do we get dates assigned?

mouser:
For coding snack (small program) pledges: 11 down, 20 to go.
For mini-reviews: 1 down and 30 to go.

As for dates -- This is really important -- We will have to have deadline dates, and everyone should expect their first deadline will be the first week of march.

That's because a key part of this idea is to release ONE PER DAY.  So if we are going to be releasing one per day and keeping to a strict schedule, there is little room for error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version