ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (14/30) > >>

mouser:
I don't have numbers, but i stand by what i said in this article which is basically that DC is like a "ping pong" economy, where donations between users ping pong around until they reach someone who tends to substantially contribute to the site, at which point they are cashed out.  So basically only a handful of people really get enough donationcredits that they bother to cash them out.  The rest just pass them along.

40hz:
Makes sense. I either flip mine to other members or drop them into the DC community chest if they've been sitting around too long.  :Thmbsup:

fenixproductions:
BTW, any idea what percentage of DCredit recipients ever cash them in?
-cranioscopical (February 21, 2011, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I did it* and bought TC license as gift for friend.

*) Although mouser rejected it afterwards :)

cranioscopical:
mouser,

So, do you consider that most of the money donated to the site that's 'in circulation' between members is, in reality, already donated to the site?

Let me put that another way, if everyone holding Donation Credits allocated those to the site during the drive would that be nothing more than an empty gesture? Last time around, in order to move the thermometer we had to put in 'new' money.

That makes me wonder if there's any benefit to offering a small incentive to new donors who are the 'first past the post' at certain steps on the scale; a full license key perhaps. Would that be enough to encourage people who've never donated to 'have a go'?

cranioscopical:
BTW, any idea what percentage of DCredit recipients ever cash them in?
-cranioscopical (February 21, 2011, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I did it* and bought TC license as gift for friend.

*) Although mouser rejected it afterwards :)
-fenixproductions (February 21, 2011, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

What nice fellows you are!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version