ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best SQL software for writing queries?

<< < (3/7) > >>

superboyac:
TOra looks interesting.  And yes, it's an Oracle database.  I still like PL/SQL so far.

Renegade:
TOra looks interesting.  And yes, it's an Oracle database.  I still like PL/SQL so far.
-superboyac (February 15, 2011, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be honest, for your first database, Oracle doesn't really make sense. It's simply a gargantuan beast. Oracle runs countries. Something else would make more sense. MySQL is a good choice. Or PostGreSQL. MS SQL Server is good.

It's kind of like going to the firing range to learn how to shoot with strategic nuclear missiles.

Is there a reason why you're using Oracle?

superboyac:
-superboyac (February 15, 2011, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be honest, for your first database, Oracle doesn't really make sense. It's simply a gargantuan beast. Oracle runs countries. Something else would make more sense. MySQL is a good choice. Or PostGreSQL. MS SQL Server is good.

It's kind of like going to the firing range to learn how to shoot with strategic nuclear missiles.

Is there a reason why you're using Oracle?
-Renegade (February 15, 2011, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm using Oracle because I'm at work.  Our IT is apparently overloaded  :mad: with work so I have to now get into this stuff.  It's not my job, but at least it's something I've always wanted to learn anyway.

Renegade:
Ah. That makes sense then.

wraith808:
TOAD is the one I always used for Oracle.  They have a free version (the one I linked) and a non-free one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version