ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple: if we get you subscribers, we deserve a cut

<< < (10/10)

zridling:
I like Google right now, but....-zridling (February 18, 2011, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should counter that one of the things I do like about Google is that -- like Amazon -- you can buy server space cheaply. 20Gb for $5/year is a great help to what I do. These companies provide valuable services, but why must their bargains be Faustian?

Renegade:
Well, it looks like anti-trust time...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/an_antitrust_app_buvCWcJdjFoLD5vBSkguGO

the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission are locked in negotiations over which of the watchdogs will begin an antitrust inquiry into Apple's new policy of requiring software developers who devise applications for devices such as the iPhone and iPad to use only Apple's programming tools.

--- End quote ---

There's more to it than just that though.

f0dder:
There's more to it than just that though.-Renegade (February 19, 2011, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
This might hit Microsoft and others as well - but nice, I hope something major comes out of this rather than a crappy settlement.

40hz:
I hope something major comes out of this rather than a crappy settlement.
-f0dder (February 19, 2011, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

What will likely come out of it is a crappy settlement. One which Apple will be allowed to make without being required to admit to any wrongdoing. Assuming it even gets that far.

Most of these cases end exactly that way if (and that's a very big if) they make it past the initial inquiry stage.

Expect political posturing, industry name calling, heavy-duty fanboy evangelism, the usual sarcastic and condescending comments from Mr. Jobs, some Congressional hand-wringing, and...well..very little else.

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version