ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple: if we get you subscribers, we deserve a cut

<< < (6/10) > >>

Stoic Joker:
@40Hz - If only it were that simple... :(
-Renegade (February 17, 2011, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's as simple as you let it be.  :)
-40hz (February 17, 2011, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Damn Straight!

Guess how many Apple products I own... 0
Guess how many Apple products are own by my family members... 0

Guess how many I recommend to clients... 0

etc., etc., etc... It's just gotta start somewhere ... So who's with me?

Stoic Joker:
Or is until your pacemaker becomes dependent on your owning an iPad.  :P
--- End quote ---
I would totally jailbreak my pacemaker and have it do some cool shit.
-superboyac (February 17, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then Apple would simply disable your iHeart and let you die.
-Deozaan (February 17, 2011, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you mean iCroak 

:D

Deozaan:
@40Hz - If only it were that simple... :(
-Renegade (February 17, 2011, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's as simple as you let it be.  :)
--- End quote ---

Damn Straight!

Guess how many Apple products I own... 0
Guess how many Apple products are own by my family members... 0

Guess how many I recommend to clients... 0

etc., etc., etc... It's just gotta start somewhere ... So who's with me?
-Stoic Joker (February 17, 2011, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Despite my best efforts, I know at least 3 of my family members have iPods. 2 have iPads. 1 has an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4G.

After I got my Android phone I praised it so much that I got 3 of my other family members to go for Android as well when they were due for an upgrade.

My mom went to buy an Android Tablet (the Samsung Galaxy Tab, IIRC) this past Christmas but gave in to peer pressure when someone questioned why she would want to pay the same price as an iPad but have a smaller device/screen. She returned the Android Tablet and has an iPad now. She loves it, so that's good. But she also has and uses a Kindle, so she may soon be losing the ability to read her Kindle books on the iPad.

Anyway, I keep telling everyone I know to avoid Apple and giving them good reasons why, but these are often people who aren't tech savvy and believe the propaganda that Apple means stupid-easy for the oblivious, so they buy Apple products anyway.

I have a very tech savvy brother who also owns a few Apple products. His wife got an iPhone a couple years back and then when she upgraded to the iPhone 4 he started using the iPhone 3 (without phone service) as basically an iPod Touch for apps and things. Then he got really interested in the possibilities of the technology and bought an iPad and I know he wants to develop for iOS and heard he recently bought a Mac solely for that purpose.

I hope these latest developments with Apple making a huge cash grab don't come back to bite him in the rear. Oddly, he seems to be okay with the idea of letting Apple take 30% as "advertising costs" if people find his apps in the Apple Store rather than from his website. That one has me perplexed. :huh: Because I think he's planning a subscription-based service, which, as I understand it, means that Apple will essentially take 30% each month (payment), rather than just the one-time "finders fee" type thing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the implications of Apple's policy. Maybe he's in denial, still trying to figure out a way around it. Or maybe he's really Okay with the idea of letting Apple take 30% because of the huge market. I dunno. :-\

superboyac:
I'm telling you guys...a jailbroken ipad is a totally different animal than a normal ipad.  Compare the jailbroken ipad to the android devices, and the ipad <may> be preferable.  But for people like us, I think this year will give us some options that might suit us better than the ipad or ipad2.  I'm hoping someone will make some business-grade tablets that runs Windows.

40hz:
FWIW, I don't have a problem with Apple's technologies - even if their most significant were either 'borrowed' or acquired rather than developed in-house.

I have a big problem with Apple's business, legal, and marketing practices. And I have an even bigger problem with their resident demigod, Mr. Jobs, who is the most significant single factor that's keeping Apple from becoming something truly great.

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version