ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Creating a shortcut to a URL

<< < (2/2)

johnt50:
This advice helps a bit, but it's not what I was hoping to find.  My problem is URL related, but a bit different.  I would like to use FARR to open particular bookmarks on my Firefox browser.  Ideally, I would be able to enter "donationcoder", and FARR would find that URL for me.  The only way I have found to do that so far is to export the bookmarks to a file, and then import them into IExplorer.  As I"m sure you know, when IExplorer creates bookmarks, it puts them in a directory called Favorites.  Turns out the FARR can search that directory, and then return the URL that I am looking for.  But that's all a bit klugy.  What I would like to see is the capacity for FARR to find my URLs in the Firefox bookmark file.  But I don't know how to do that.  Is it possible?  (Please note that I am really enjoying using this utility.)

lanux128:
What I would like to see is the capacity for FARR to find my URLs in the Firefox bookmark file.  But I don't know how to do that.  Is it possible?  (Please note that I am really enjoying using this utility.)-johnt50 (March 18, 2011, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

you can do that with the FarrFox plugin which can search IE, Firefox and Opera bookmarks.

FarrFox option dialog

lanux128:
i just realised that for Firefox 3, there is an extra step involved to make the plugin work. check out the reference below. :)

In firefox 3 -- the new default method of storing bookmarks is incompatible with the way FarrFox searches bookmarks.
If you still want to use FarrFox you can do so by following the short instructions here on telling Firefox 3 to keep the bookmarks html file updated regularly:
http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/06/19/how-to-auto-export-firefox-3-bookmarks-to-bookmarkshtml/

After making the change on that page i had to exit firefox and give it a minute to update the bookmarks file -- after that all worked fine.
-mouser (September 09, 2009, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

mouser:
ps. if anyone is willing to write some c++ code to find and open up the ff 3+4 sqlite database and let me query a list of all bookmarks, i will incorporate it into a new release of FarrFox plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version