ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

We are doomed: IBM's Watson debuts on Jeopardy today (14 Feb 2011)

<< < (5/9) > >>

zridling:
What you'll see is Watson-like computers drudging through all the raw data -- the analytics -- and making sense of the common, recurring patterns of info there. For example, all those tech support jobs we sent to India a decade ago won't be needed with Watson on the line, especially if Watson can login and mirror your actions. For anyone who has a job that requires analyzing vast amounts of info -- a doctor who needs evidence that a symptom is true rather than a diversion from a proper diagnosis. (Someone like Gregory House, MD, wouldn't need his staff anymore, so they should probably be looking for other jobs soon.) For financial analysts and investors who are tired of getting ripped off by humanoids (and no governments with enough guts to police them).

As long as Watson's offspring don't become sentient and discover the nuclear launch codes, we should be fine.

cranioscopical:
a utopian life of leisure and sitting around thinking deep thoughts-timns (February 17, 2011, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't have that yet? Didn't you get your secret code in the mail?

timns:
a utopian life of leisure and sitting around thinking deep thoughts-timns (February 17, 2011, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (February 17, 2011, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

My mail-fetching robot probably shredded it!

cranioscopical:
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (February 17, 2011, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

My mail-fetching robot probably shredded it!
-timns (February 17, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Eóin:
(True, I'd prefer a hint of attitude...and her being more on the subtle-flirty geek-girl side.. but that's me.)
 (see attachment in previous post)
 8)
-40hz (February 17, 2011, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah Maggie Q...  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version