Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 11:46:39 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Utility to run app when laptop is docked.  (Read 1798 times)
rsteward
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:00:22 PM »

I've been looking for a way to trigger an application when I dock/undock my laptop.  Triggering based off battery/power cord is not an option.  Any ideas?
mraeryceos
Participant

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 04:43:41 AM »

That's a nice idea.  Be able to control startup applications depending on if the laptop is docked or undocked.  Can this be tied to hardware profiles

Right click on "my computer" -> Hardware -> Hardware Profiles

Or in my case, detection of an externally connected monitor, or detection of ethernet cable
lujomu

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »

Some time ago I found out that USBDLM (USB Drive Letter Manager) by Uwe Sieber can actually also launch a program on docking/undocking in addition to react to drive connections.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:06:55 AM by lujomu » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.07 ]