ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (19/29) > >>

iphigenie:
I have dual core machines with bitdefender and never had any problems on these.

I had some annoyances on my ATI-graphic'ed machine with bitdefender, and i tried a few other programs, but ended up back on bd after seeing it was always doing very well in security tests and I would have either to pay 3 to 4 times as much or settle with a program with a much lower track record in malware detection.

Havent had a problem since I went back to BD - so either the new ATI drivers or some changes in BD have fixed the issues I experienced.

f0dder:
Hm, perhaps you're lucky, perhaps I'm unlucky, or perhaps BD has improved... but I much prefer Kaspersky anyway, been running without any problems :)

iphigenie:
I bought kaspersky a few years back and it polluted my NTFS drives forever. I know this was a temporary thing which is nowadays optional, but it kind of annoyed me! Especially as at no point did it ask whether i wanted to use this feature or what the consequences would be on utilities like defrag / disk checking tools...

I wanted to try it last winter when i was trying other tools but I noticed the price and decided, not to bother. I wouldn't pay that much for a tool like this since there are very good ones which cost a lot less.

There is a list of top performers from a detection perspective, and it almost always includes kaspersky, eset NOD and bitdefender. Then there are another ten or so tools which are all pretty good but not quite as systematically tops,  have better/worse years etc.

They all are in slightly different places on the combination of price / speed / helpful interface / detection rates (that usually depends on type too, virus / spyware / trojan malware / browser protection etc.)

You can't go wrong, but the best thing is to buy one where you feel you understand the configuration options and messages.

CWuestefeld:
Ooo...Kaspersky mini-review!  I'll be looking forward to that!
-superboyac (September 10, 2007, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

And, as promised, here it is: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9965.0

iphigenie:
wow, nicely done! I was wondering how a minireview of a virusscanner would work, since we're not really equipped to test the virus side of things. This is a very nice explanation of the software and how you use it and all  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version