ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (18/29) > >>

CWuestefeld:
In my view Panda is *greatly* underestimated.-Lusher (September 09, 2007, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm working on a mini-review on Kaspersky, since I just switched to it after an infection bad enough that I had to pave over my whole system. I had been using Panda, but the virus managed to deactivate it. So I no longer have any confidence in that package.

superboyac:
Ooo...Kaspersky mini-review!  I'll be looking forward to that!

I use it right now (Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0).  I like it.

iphigenie:
I'm still using bitdefender - some of the problems I had have disappeared with the launch of the new version, and the track record in tests is pretty good - all the better ones cost a lot more for very similar results on average. That is based on other people's tests, though.

f0dder:
Hm, I'm staying far away from BitDefender, it has caused nothing but grief on machines with HyperThreading (I assume it's the same for dualcore or SMP boxes) - various program crashes as well as BSODs. Might have improved in more recent versions, but well...

Darwin:
So far, knock on wood (Darwin raps his own head and enjoys the dull echo the action produces. Ooohhh...), I've had good luck with SpySweeper with Antivirus. I realise that others have had terrible problems with it but it's brilliant on my notebook (SpySweeper standalone really cripples my wife's notebook though, and it's got faster RAM, a bigger harddrive, dedicated graphics and a much faster processor - weird - I wonder if there is a conflict with AVG Pro, which she is running as her antivirus?). Sophos *seems* to be well respected in the AV sphere, so I assume that I am in good hands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version