ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (13/29) > >>

Darwin:
Another big software company is paying US customers to use their software: Norton Antivirus 2007 3-user pack. They're paying 9$ (given as a Visa debit card). Ends December 9.

NOTE: This is just a public service announcement. I'm in Canada and can't take advantage of these deals  :mad:, so don't shoot me if you are reading this from a non-US locale - we're in the same boat! Also, I am not endorsing Norton - I think it's bloatware.

tomos:
I guess they get your money when you go to update -
the last time I had norton for 2 computers (2003/04 ..) it cost something around €60
(Euro = $1.2 @ wild guess  :) )

wreckedcarzz:
Quoted from above: "wreckedcarzz: systemworks 2003? pretty old.. don't you think? maybe you should try the latest versions  :huh:"
Well I don't got $200 bucks a year to buy & use software that basicly has dissappointed most of us - why would we buy something we don't think is a good product anymore?

(and if you are using Symantec's software now and are reading my post excuse me but...hey is that a virus on your computer? Oh, Norton says no, so all the pop-ups MUST be good!)

lanux128:
like tomos, with much trepidation i had installed "Active Virus Shield" on my spare computer.

so far, it hasn't caused any problems or conflicts. and slowly, i'm beginning to think that since this AOL program is based on Kaspersky Lab's av engine, there shouldn't be any hanky-panky for Kaspersky Lab have a reputation to maintain.. anyway, if things stay the way they are, this AV can be a good contender in the freeware category..

but then again, i'd like to hear about any misgivings other users had with this program..

f0dder:
I think we really need to link to that comic...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version