ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (7/29) > >>

4vrqrisPt:
Hi, I have been using Antivir personal for 6 months now,after I dumped Norton,which I found too bloated and too many processes running and a resource hog.
As was mentioned before,with the latest update to v7 no more nagscreen,at least for me.
Just a little notifier at the top of the screen.
Updates are fast and unproblematic.Mind you I have the update set to once a day at 10 pm EST (Canada/US,that's very early morning in Germany.)
Trying this during the daytime is not as fast.
Regarding scanning individual folders or files:At first impression it seems that you can't,not in the GUI,but on a r-click(extension menu) I can scan any folder or file no problem.
No POP scanning:Again no problem for me since I use a email pre-checker,plus what has already been removed by my ISP's virus scanners.
ALL in all, I'm quite happy with it,although I'm contemplating buying the Premium version:1.because it's cheap
and 2.because of their philosophy and the donation they make.
That's all for now.
Pete.

jldeshpande:
How is that,nobody has noticed that Avast updts are free upto June 2006 only.How it can be called a freewaee then?I am using it since @a year & happy with it,but what aft June 2006? ;D ;D

jldeshpande

hamradio:
According to where I saw on their site. License keys for free updates last for 14 months after that simply re-register the home edition for free. Then that key will last for another 14 months and so on.

jldeshpande:

Thanks Mr.Hamradio!

Where you found it?If possible pl.display the URL.
Anyhow I shall try after @3 months.

Thanks once again.

J.L.Deshpande.

hamradio:
Its  from http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG that says...

The license key is valid for 1 year. After one year you need to just re-register.

But...when I viewed this http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm it said 14 months at the end of the tutorial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version