ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (25/29) > >>

r3xus:
Anyone using or have used ClamWin, I'm currently with it and am satisfied, though I stumbled upon some bugs.

biox:
Anyone using or have used ClamWin, I'm currently with it and am satisfied, though I stumbled upon some bugs.
-r3xus (January 06, 2009, 02:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

No 'on access' scanner, I don't like that. I use it on the flash drives though.

Have been with Avast for over a week and must say I'm impressed. Much faster than AVG. Lets hope they figure that incompatibility problem with Zonealarm out very soon.

iphigenie:
I'm still on bitdfefender - the price was pretty sweet and I got 2 year, 2 people licenses for less than most others offer 1 person 1 year. It's not perfect and not as light as some, but it does have the security pedigree

Grorge3211:
ThreatSense technology - a single optimized Anti-Threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing, and more

biox:
ThreatSense technology - a single optimized Anti-Threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing, and more
-Grorge3211 (April 14, 2009, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
A heuristic scan does the same, behaviour control. Thread fire seems to be one of the best when it comes to either block or ask if in doubt, depends on the settings. A bit scaremongering maybe. Jump at me as you please but I've read up on it and it looks to me like the same thing a heuristic scanner of a middle to upper class virus scanner does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version