ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (23/29) > >>

Josh:
Darwin, thanks for the input. If you can, post a follow up when your 15 days is up as I am interested in which you decide to go with before I begin trialing upon my return home.

Darwin:
Hmm... did a deep scan on my Dual Core notebook with Webroot and it took 53 minutes to scan 110GB.

My increasingly flaky Win2k machine has given up the ghost again (I think the video card is on its way out), so for now the trial is on hold. I have two current licences for Webroot, both of which have over a year left, so I'm not too interested in running the trial on either my XP or my Vista notebook. However, I am very impressed with what I did get to see.

Josh:
How often are the updates, typically? Are they at least daily?

Darwin:
VIPRE seems to update *about* once a day. This is one of the things people posting on the internet have criticized Sunbelt for. My beef intitially was that the process of updating the first few times seemed to take forever. Once everything settled down, though, it was quick enough.

biox:
^ *about* once a day :-\ doesn't sound very convincing.

I'm hunting for something new/different too at the moment. AVG license is about to expire so where to go from here? Besides, AVG has started to annoy me a bit lately, FARR-trojan, note++-trojan, three a half word .ini file of Lupo Suite-trojan, + a few more. The only thing that ever changes on my laptop are *.odt files that I type myself but every AVG update comes up with a few more trojans/viruses. The bluudy thing is not even on the uni network so where should those viruses come from? [/rant] :-[

Is Zonealarm AV any good (so far I only use the FW)? I could get it here at a discount through student->dad->retail connections.  :-\

Prior to AVG I spent 2 years with Bitdefender, I think I'm cured from this evil for the time being.

What now? :(

Problem is AVG might eventually recover, they had a similar 'false positive attack' a while back (February/March 08, I think)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version