topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SpiderPlayer Pro Becomes Free  (Read 3084 times)

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SpiderPlayer Pro Becomes Free
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Hi

I enjoyed SpiderPlayer Pro for quite few months since earlier was using the free version. This player delivers a good sound quality and the softmaker decided to stop the development, as such interested users can go ahead to the web page http://spider-player.com/ and download spiderplayer and use the serial to activate the pro version.

Spider Player is no longer developed and the Pro version is now freeware. You can use the following license key to unlock all the PRO features: 27U3Z909I95-KK147A893S4K6Y1M0F-780363812.

http://spider-player.com/

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SpiderPlayer Pro Becomes Free
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Looks like a great program with a remarkably clean and tidy website. I'm sad to hear it will no longer be developed, however. :(

Just looking at the features the website lists, I must say it must be a huge loss. I hope the developer will opensource it at some point since it would be a waste to let it die a compatively silent death. While foobar caters to a lot of music freaks, it is a huge pain to configure with many plugins that aren't being maintained. An all in one package like SpiderPlayer could probably be awesome for a lot of people who don't want their computers wmp-sparklefied or itunes-brushified. :)

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SpiderPlayer Pro Becomes Free
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Very sad as it is my favourite music player.

The developer stopped developing it once before (felt he had added all the features that it wanted/needed), but then started developing it again. Was on BitsDuJour on 18th Nov, and I got my last update at the end of December, so this looks like a recent, sudden decision.

OTOH, it works very well at what it does & I can understand him wanting to leave it as it is. And the free version was always very functional, and the Pro version very cheap, so I assume he never made much money from it. Or even seemed to want to make money from it. I'm quite happy carrying on with it just as I am.