ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Ideas for Special Events?

<< < (3/16) > >>

mouser:
I don't see any zazzle store, mouser can you create one ?
--- End quote ---

we could create a zazzle store but we already have a cafepress store.  perhaps some high markup items on that would be an alternate way of accepting donations.

KynloStephen66515:
How about a badge for donating X amount;

$1-10 gets you Badge (A)
$11-20 Badge (B)
$21-30 Badge (C) and so on.

--------

The Zazzle store sounds like a good idea, especially with thier shipping times being 1/2 that of CafePress (Been waiting 2 week for my NANY Mug, which apprently shipped 15 days ago...)

------------------------

Also, how about creating a special user rank for people who donate certain amounts (Like atm we have "Supporting Member" and such) you could have something to show the level they have donated.

------------------------

I think the visual representation bar is a must...especially if you can link it so its totally live and we can see it going up every moment!

------------------------

Also...I think there should be something like "If We Raise $10000 During the fundraiser, Mouser will strip to his underwear and run through the streets screming 'I LOVE CODY, CODY IS THE BIRD GOD'" (This has to be recorded and uploaded to the website for all to see as proof!)

Stoic Joker:
Also, how about creating a special user rank for people who donate certain amounts (Like atm we have "Supporting Member" and such) you could have something to show the level they have donated.-Stephen66515 (February 11, 2011, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Supporting Member label/rank is subtle, and I think better for it. Making too much of a hub-bub about who donated what tends to hamper the relaxed feel of a place.

Also...I think there should be something like "If We Raise $10000 During the fundraiser, Mouser will strip to his underwear and run through the streets screming 'I LOVE CODY, CODY IS THE BIRD GOD'" (This has to be recorded and uploaded to the website for all to see as proof!)
-Stephen66515 (February 11, 2011, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Should probably limit that to something that would leave the man with at least a shred of dignity... :)

mouser:
I think the visual representation bar is a must...especially if you can link it so its totally live and we can see it going up every moment!
--- End quote ---

We used the Cody Fever Donation Amount Thermometer which shows the progress towards our donation goal last year and it was a huge hit, and we will use it again.

As for the suggestions about dif badges or status based on donation amount, we have a longstanding policy not to do anything that favors or gives status based on the amount you donate.  Everyone who donates is equally appreciated (some people have more money to spare than others).

timns:
... but can I still get a badge for giving a buck?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version