ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Ideas for Special Events?

(1/16) > >>

mouser:
So we are going to have a fundraiser/celebration for DonationCoder.com in the month of March 2011.  The last fundraiser was 2 years ago.

My question is, can we think of any special events or things we could do to make it funner for existing members, and for new visitors who haven't heard of us?

I know giveaways are always popular, but my preference would be things that reflect more the spirit of the site, and are more inviting of long-term participation by new people, etc.  Yes we want donations during the fundraiser, but we'd also like to welcome our arms to new coders and new forum participants, etc.

Any ideas?

mouser:
Some dangerous ideas:

* Could we pull together enough DC coders to do a Coding-Snack-A-Day throughout all of march?
* Could we pull together enough DC mini-review writers to do a mini-review-a-day throughout all of march?

Ath:
Fine idea!

Could we pull together enough DC coders to do a Coding-Snack-A-Day throughout all of march?
-mouser (February 11, 2011, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be willing (and hopefully: able 8)) to help out there

mouser:
Another unusual idea might be to make one blog post per day about another website that has been kind to DC (by writing a review of one of our programs, etc.), just a way of saying thank you to the great websites out there that help indie coders.

timns:
I will contribute to both the review-a-day and the coding snack.

I had a few ideas:

1. "Who gives a buck about DC?" whereby every member vows to donate at least $1, and earns a badge.

2. Sponsor a DC-er to do something crazy. Zany members offer to maybe get photographed dressed as Cody in the mall, or go to work in a silly hat or have a cody "tattoo" if a certain fundraiser target is met.

And one general suggestion:
An ".... of the month" round-up. This can be purely subjective, but a small round-up of the forum's activity would interest me greatly. For example: "Topic of the Month" ~ "Rant of the Month" ~ "New Software Release of the Month" ~ etc.

My favourite: "Member of the Month" to celebtrate a DC-er who's been particularly helpful, or released something really good, or even ironically celebrate someone who just got on everybody's nerves... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version