ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My New DVD is ALL Regions =D YAY~!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
(Very not happy at my Star Wars DVDs not being playable...)-Renegade (February 10, 2011, 10:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:
Wait...you're in Australia aren't you?  One of the few countries where it's legal, (or I should probably say: 'not illegal'), to have/sell region free DVD players and you've got a region locked player?
-4wd (February 10, 2011, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.

I *was* using my Mac for DVDs... Apple doesn't seem to have the brains to include a region free optical drive... Go figure.

I only watch on my computer monitors, and not the TV. It's packed away somewhere as we never use it. I'm not sure if my (regular) DVD player is region free or not. I bought that in Malaysia.

My DVD burner has regions on it. Not sure about the Blu-ray as I only ever use that for burning backups. Probably has region destruction coding though.

I fail to understand how it could be illegal to sell a region free DVD player anywhere. I can see the patents only being licensed to people with agreements, but after that, who's to stop anyone from buying parts or selling them in different regions. But those would be civil agreements, and not in criminal law.

Anyways -- region free = good. Good = me happy. Me happy = post at DC~! :P :D

f0dder:
DVD?

Ath:
DVD?
-f0dder (February 11, 2011, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

LOL ;D

Carol Haynes:
Can't you simply unlock your player - I have managed to do that with every player I have owned.

Renegade:
Can't you simply unlock your player - I have managed to do that with every player I have owned.
-Carol Haynes (February 11, 2011, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Too lazy. For my Mac... God... I can't imagine the nightmare...

I looked into it, but everything I found had too many warnings, and I just shied away.

If I knew of a RELIABLE way to do it, sure. But I don't have that many to unlock, and don't feel like spending money to replace them if they get screwed. And I would simply hate to have to fart around with spending time getting a new one. Pain then pain. It takes like a week minimum to get anything done here. (I really miss Korea sometimes.)

Any hints on reliable methods?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version