ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Windows standard beep ("ding") when changing between screenshots

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
By the way:

For those suffering from this bug -- please don't fix it using the techniques in those articles (yet).

Leave your system as it is so you can help me make sure I fix Screenshot Captor to avoid the bug.

After that you may want to do the fixes or at least bookmark the articles in case you come across another application that suffers from the same problem.

Jesper Hertel:
YES! It is a MIRACLE! The ding is gone!

Thank you! You rock, mouser! :Thmbsup:

And thanks to Bamse and others who contributed to finding the cause!

Bamse:
Quiet here :) Clean Process Monitor, no Ding.wav

I did use 7 Ultimate for 4 months but downgraded to Vista  :P I will not pay for 7 but also not use illegal Windows for an extended period. Not outside Virtualboxes that is.

mouser:
Yay  :beerchug:

Thanks everyone for discovering and posting about the bug and for not getting so frustrated that you gave up on SC.

And special thanks Bamse for discovering the cause of the bug.  :up:

ps. I actually used to embed this manifest in Screenshot Captor for quite some time -- it has the extra benefit of letting windows Vista/7 theme the controls so it looks more native.  I must have stopped embedding the manifest some time ago though, probably when the location of visual studio resource compiler changed on my system...

Jesper Hertel:
and others
-Jesper Hertel (February 10, 2011, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, it seems like there were no others :)

I did use 7 Ultimate for 4 months but downgraded to Vista  :P I will not pay for 7 but also not use illegal Windows for an extended period. Not outside Virtualboxes that is.
-Bamse (February 10, 2011, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same here, I will not pay for Windows 7, and I am also not so sure my hardware will work under Windows 7. After much tweaking and a memory upgrade my Vista has finally calmed down (no more trashing the disk) and it works smoothly now. :)

Thanks everyone for discovering and posting about the bug and for not getting so frustrated that you gave up on SC.
-mouser (February 10, 2011, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Give up on SC???? That is completely unimaginable to me! The program is so extremely cool! :eusa_dance:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version