ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android tablets to rival iPad

<< < (6/24) > >>

Deozaan:
The Motorolla Xoom looks awesome, but it needs to be about 1/2 the price.

The Archos 101 also looks pretty good, but it doesn't have the option for cellular data plan. :-/

Toshiba Tablet looks cool, but who knows what it will cost...

I need these awesome tablets to be out 6 months ago so they'll be affordable in 2-3 months when I want to buy one.  :D

Ath:
but it needs to be about 1/2 the price.
-Deozaan (March 21, 2011, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that true for all the real good stuff :tellme:

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

-Ath (March 22, 2011, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it would be nice for all the real good stuff to be half price, but that doesn't mean that all the good stuff is overpriced. I do think the Xoom is way overpriced. For about $800 I could have a pretty nice Core i7 2600K desktop machine. A comparatively limited dual core tablet should only cost around $400 IMO.

I don't just think it would be nice for the Xoom to be about half price, I think it really needs to be about half price. But I'm certainly no expert. I'm just a consumer who saw the price and thought Apple's prices were tame in comparison.

phitsc:
I don't just think it would be nice for the Xoom to be about half price, I think it really needs to be about half price. But I'm certainly no expert. I'm just a consumer who saw the price and thought Apple's prices were tame in comparison.
-Deozaan (March 22, 2011, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Half the weight would also not hurt ;)

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-Ath (March 22, 2011, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it would be nice for all the real good stuff to be half price, but that doesn't mean that all the good stuff is overpriced. I do think the Xoom is way overpriced. For about $800 I could have a pretty nice Core i7 2600K desktop machine. A comparatively limited dual core tablet should only cost around $400 IMO.
-Deozaan (March 22, 2011, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been pricing out a new machine... show me how you can have a pretty good Core-i7 for $800, please. :)

For $799 I have a core i5 spec'd out, and no, it's not a gaming machine.
Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti
Antec 650W PSU
Thermaltake A30 case
G.SKILL 2x2GB memory kit
Seagate 500GB HD
Seagate 1TB HD
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2P-B3
Lite-on 24X DVD Writer
Total $799.41

Navigation

[0] Message Index