ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanna try something weird? A little Outlook 2007 fun.

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
Ok, I bet you guys have never tried this:
Click somewhere inside the header field for Outlook 2007 (I don't know if the other versions do it).  Then Ctrl-scroll with the mouse wheel (like you would zoom on a webpage).  Isn't that odd?

Ok that's it.

Curt:
 ;D

I have no idea what might happen, but it sounds funny   ;)

y0himba:
Odd.  Why on Earth would it do that?

Stoic Joker:
Tried it with Outlook 2010 - Not sure what you're calling the header field but... - on the ribbon it did nothing; on new mail to/from/cc/bcc/subject fields it made the font bigger and/or smaller.

the same thing works on the main message body, and tracked with the zoom the current setting ... So I'm guesing it just Zooming the text in the other fields also.

superboyac:
y0himba!  Nice!  That's cool of you to post that!

Yeah, isn't that funny?  I think it's because MS likes to stick their IE engine all over the place, so that header area is probably just a modified IE something or other.  I hate it when developers stick in a pane or view in their programs which is just a window for IE, and then they say "built in browser".  I hate it because IE is usually slow and they are using it as a shortcut for functionality, rather than programming their own interface.  I shouldn't criticize too much because I don't know how much work is involved one way or the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version