ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

DNS Propogation Checkers to Check DNS Propogation Status

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I didn't even think about the possibility of such utilities but i can certainly see why they would be useful when moving servers:

As written up on the ilovefreesoftware.com site:

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/08/featured/dns-propogation-checkers-check-dns-propogation-status.html

Here are 5 DNS Propogation Checkers to check DNS propogation status of your website. These tools are helpful if you have recently setup a new domain, or have changed nameservers of an existing domain. DNS propogation normally takes 24-48 hours, but these DNS Propogation checkers will tell you exactly what is the current status of DNS propogation
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Interesting, I typically use nslookup in interactive mode to query various servers to see how things are progressing. But this could be handy for those days where I'm feeling a bit lazy...or am just too pressed for time to schlog through the whole manual routine.

Renegade:
That would be very handy. I typically have overlap in those scenarios. Just because DNS has propagated in one area, doesn't mean it has in another, so geographic differences really can be deceiving.

A quick & dirty way to check is to use a Spyglass from one of the major bandwidth providers like Level3 (they have an excellent spyglass).

Come to think of it, that would be a simple way to wrap up a DNS checker...

xtabber:
Better to invest in a spell checker than a "propogation" checker.

mouser:
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version