ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Link Checker with built-in HTML editor freeware?

(1/2) > >>

HankFriedman:
I love the XENU freeware link checker but it doesn't have an HTML editor built-in and I have a lot of links to fix on my largest website.

Are there any free or low cost and effective link checkers with HTML editing capabilities? (Or free/low cost non-WYSIWYG HTML Editors that have link checking built in?)

thank you

Shades:
Likely the free HTML-kit software has either this option already included or a plugin that does just that.

HankFriedman:
The HTML-kit Tools professional version has a link checker but no plug-in for the free version   :'(

rjbull:
Does it have to be integrated?  Would you consider a making a list of old and current links, and using a freeware multi-file search-and-replace program to replace them?

* Using Bill Klein's BK ReplaceEM for Windows for mass website HTML text changes
* Replace'em current site (may not work on Win7)
* Details of older version 2.0 (includes links to downloads, including portable/no-install version)

HankFriedman:
A search and replace won't do the job, because I have to handle each broken link individually.

That's why it's so important that the functions be integrated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version