ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a right-click menu tool to quickly resize images?

<< < (2/4) > >>

hamradio:
Another option: For XP I always used the Microsoft Power Toy Photo Resizer. Right-click on file and resize. Can't get much simpler. And someone has re-invented Photo Resizer for Win7. Seems to work fine.
-johnk (February 05, 2011, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

On that last url...

About
This is a clone of the Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP -- a PowerToy that allows you to right-click on one or more image files in Windows Explorer to resize them. It was created (by me) to extend support to non-XP and 64-bit versions of Windows (including 2000, Vista & 7).
-http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
--- End quote ---

deano:
Has anyone written a bit of software where I can right-click on an images file and then hover over a "Resize to..." option (or similar) which then reveals common file size options e.g 640 x 480, 800 x 600 etc and user-defined choices.

I often use software that outputs images to set sizes and I then have to open them in IrfanView and then click the various menu options to get the job done.  I already use an old program called Picaview for quick previewing and filetype conversion - it's just missing an option to resize.
-deano (February 06, 2011, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've written a simple program, but it has no context menu integration with Windows Explorer. It's Photo Resizer in this thread. You can drag & drop a photo onto the desktop icon then resize it.

Not quite what you asked about, but it's very simple.

One other thing -- there are no presets. Resizing is visual with the size slider.
-Renegade (February 06, 2011, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, yes it's not what I asked for but really liked that.  It also works well with Quick Cliq.  I can't drag an image directly onto the shortcut icon though - is that what you meant?  I have to run the app, then drag the image onto the left-hand side.  
Nice bit of software which I will use - I certainly know a few people who would like something this simple.

deano:
Another option: For XP I always used the Microsoft Power Toy Photo Resizer. Right-click on file and resize. Can't get much simpler. And someone has re-invented Photo Resizer for Win7. Seems to work fine.
-johnk (February 05, 2011, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

On that last url...

About
This is a clone of the Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP -- a PowerToy that allows you to right-click on one or more image files in Windows Explorer to resize them. It was created (by me) to extend support to non-XP and 64-bit versions of Windows (including 2000, Vista & 7).
-http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
--- End quote ---
-hamradio (February 06, 2011, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, that might just do it!

Renegade:
Thanks, yes it's not what I asked for but really liked that.  It also works well with Quick Cliq.  I can't drag an image directly onto the shortcut icon though - is that what you meant?  I have to run the app, then drag the image onto the left-hand side. 
Nice bit of software which I will use - I certainly know a few people who would like something this simple.
-deano (February 06, 2011, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

No -- I meant that you *can* drag a photo directly onto the shortcut icon on the desktop. That opens the program with the photo loaded. You then need to either save it resized photo or to slide the slider to resize however you like, then save. Dragging & dropping onto the desktop icon just saves a step, making it a little bit easier.

deano:
Thanks, yes it's not what I asked for but really liked that.  It also works well with Quick Cliq.  I can't drag an image directly onto the shortcut icon though - is that what you meant?  I have to run the app, then drag the image onto the left-hand side. 
-deano (February 06, 2011, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

No -- I meant that you *can* drag a photo directly onto the shortcut icon on the desktop. That opens the program with the photo loaded. You then need to either save it resized photo or to slide the slider to resize however you like, then save. Dragging & dropping onto the desktop icon just saves a step, making it a little bit easier.
-Renegade (February 06, 2011, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought so but it doesn't work for me - not a big issue as I can start it really quickly and then it's right there for me to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version