ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

PHP

(1/1)

Xarzu:
I am just starting out with PHP.  I have resorted to doing some custom PHP programming because the plug-INs for a CMS I am using need a little customization.

The question I have is very simple and I am sure PHP programmers can answer this instantly.  I have successfully declared a global PHP variable.  All I need to know how to do for now is how to declare a button or a hyperlink or an input form element such that it can change the assignment of this variable.

Stoic Joker:
PHP is a server side scripting language. if you only want to change a value (as apposed to submitting the entire form) you'd need to store the value in a hidden input field and then update it with a client side scripting language (typically Java Script).

mouser:
it may seem like there should be a very simple direct answer to your question, but you will have to be a bit more specific about what you are trying to do -- as there are very different ways to interpret your question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version