topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: "Battleship" Music Machine (Chord Sound Grid )  (Read 2686 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
"Battleship" Music Machine (Chord Sound Grid )
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:02 PM »
I am asking assistance in locating something my own searches have failed to find.   For lack of a better description I call it a "Battleship" Music Machine or a chord grid thingamajiggy.   

If you remember the old Battleship Game played on a 10 x10 grid (A-J and 1-10).  I am looking for something sort of designed like that. 

Essentially I am hoping to find an electronic device or software which is a grid of buttons(?).  Each row would be a pitch (C, C#, D, Eb, E, etc.) and each column would be a chord voicing (Major,  Minor, Maj7th, Min7th, etc.).  The idea is press a button where the "coordinates"  converge and "hear" what the chord sounds like to identify how the chords "work" for composing.  Something like an electronic "autoharp," if you know what that is?

I never learned how to play a piano, so I have to have something that will let me tryout a chord progression before I commit it to my score.

I will be glad to clarify, if necessary, but I hope I have given a decent picture of what I am after.  I have hundreds of songs in my head and they locked in there because I can't play well enough to get them out nor can I sing clear enough to get across to someone what I'm thinking.  An exercise in frustration, for sure.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
~CT