topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: OnLive offers 1 Month Free*  (Read 3263 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OnLive offers 1 Month Free*
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Enter a world of amazing video games where you can play instantly for as long as you want. The OnLive PlayPack is here, offering unlimited access to dozens of great games for just $9.99/month. And with more games added all the time, you’ll never run out of options again.

Update your billing info to start your free month now!

*First month is free! Cancel anytime.
Constantly growing library of amazing games.
Jump from game to game in seconds.
Unlimited play for only $9.99/mo.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:41 AM by Stephen66515 »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: OnLive offers 1 Month Free*
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 03:31 PM »
The concept of OnLive sounds cool to me. I'm a bit ignorant in this regard, but I think it's essentially a thin-client?

Biggest drawback is that you're essentially renting the games. Even the ones you pay full price for could disappear after a few years. That's a big enough reason for me to say no thanks.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: OnLive offers 1 Month Free*
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:07 PM »
The concept of OnLive sounds cool to me. I'm a bit ignorant in this regard, but I think it's essentially a thin-client?

Biggest drawback is that you're essentially renting the games. Even the ones you pay full price for could disappear after a few years. That's a big enough reason for me to say no thanks.

Yeah, im still a little scepticle...would be nice if it gave you the licence keys to be able to download a version of the game for playing if the service dies.

The client its self is very small, and its a pretty quick service on your PC, I cant comment on the TV Box thing they have as I dont own it, however tempted I am to get it :P

I must say, im very tempted to upgrade to the monthly subscription, purely cause $10 USD a month aint much to lose, and if I dont want it after the first free month, I simply cancel and lose no money.

Its handy to try out games for 30 mins though as its not like a typical demo, its just...play 30 mins of the actual game, from the very beginning...granted, this doesnt give you much info about some games (like is FO:NV was on it...30 mins would be pointless) but for some others, its good to do it as you can get a feel for the REAL game, not some demo thrown out by the company which sometimes doesnt even represent actual game missions and such.