ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Unable to compete with the Kindle, Apple wants a cut of ebook sales

<< < (7/9) > >>

johnk:
Apart from the e-ink, the best thing about the Kindle (for me) is that you can email documents to it as an attachment (Word document, HTML, plain text, whatever) and a few seconds later the document appears on your Kindle, formatted and ready to read. The Kindle server converts the document to Kindle format on the fly.

It makes it very easy to use the Kindle to read any long documents. And of course other people can email documents to your Kindle too (hence the value of services such as Instapaper).

mahesh2k:
What happened to microsoft surface devices ? (finally managed to remember the name :P ). I think these devices are competent enough to stand against ipad(despite long beta period).

Renegade:
What happened to microsoft surface devices ? (finally managed to remember the name :P ). I think these devices are competent enough to stand against ipad(despite long beta period).
-mahesh2k (February 03, 2011, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a way more advanced technology and only available for commercial use. I've seen them at the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood and a few other places. Very cool stuff.

I don't know when it will be available for consumer devices.

mahesh2k:
If that comes in form of tablets then i'm sure many folks will ditch apple ipad.

Renegade:
If that comes in form of tablets then i'm sure many folks will ditch apple ipad.
-mahesh2k (February 03, 2011, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably over-kill for tablets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version