Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 22, 2014, 09:31:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BADGE IDEA: special badges for helpful individuals  (Read 2032 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »

Mouser, I think I have a pretty cool badge idea.  A lot of people come here asking questions and searching for answers.  Often times, one of our very knowledgeable members gives a great solution to the problem in question.  I think these people need a special badge for doing that.  Now, i've been following the NANY badge discussion, and I have a couple of ideas:

1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

2) The badge could be very simple.  Like just a bright background color with a number inside.

COuld something like this be possible?  i think it would be pretty fun.  it can mimic what the DC credits were supposed to do, which is acknowledge those users who have helped each other.

Good?
kind of like the superboy badge, but more general...

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »

Wouldnt a "Props" or "Thanks" system be easier for mouser to implement, it means he wouldnt have to spend his life adding badges to profiles, users can just thank the helpful person themselves tongue

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
superboyac
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »

Wouldnt a "Props" or "Thanks" system be easier for mouser to implement, it means he wouldnt have to spend his life adding badges to profiles, users can just thank the helpful person themselves tongue
Yes, that's nice also.  Sure, I don't want to make work for mouser if it's not something he's going to enjoy.  It just seems to me that people get a kick out of the badges here.  But a thanks system works the same way, so that's equally cool.  I'll accept it! thumbs up

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »

1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

You mean we can build up Kudo's here Kiss That's nice, but I'd be expecting some folks to get way bigger numbers there than would fit in the standard badge icons we currently have tellme

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »

1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

You mean we can build up Kudo's here Kiss That's nice, but I'd be expecting some folks to get way bigger numbers there than would fit in the standard badge icons we currently have tellme
Good, they deserve it.  We have amazing people here.

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »

If it's just a number, then it would fit nicely next to the "Posts:" number, and it would probably in green or gold color.

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 04:25:12 PM »

If it's just a number, then it would fit nicely next to the "Posts:" number, and it would probably in green or gold color.
that's probably a good idea.  Hopefully, a forum mod like this has already been done, so mouser could just copy it.  i know I've seen it on other forums.  I just don't remember what type of engines those forums used.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.05 ]