ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Block/Unblock all network traffic button (one-click)

<< < (6/11) > >>

40hz:
^Yep. That's the tricky part of the equation. You'd need to get that information somehow. If not through devcon, then some other way. I'd guess polling the registry would be how a pro would get it.

40hz:
No worries! Just 2 bottles of Samuel Adams Double Bock  :-* (yummy!) twice a day, combined with very little exercise, and you'll soon have one too! Just ask my nephew. (Who is reading this and is not amused.) :P
 (see attachment in previous post)
If the gods of brewing make anything better, they're keeping it for themselves AFAICT. :up:
-40hz (February 01, 2011, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that a real bock? If it is... Jeez... You don't need 2 a day to get fat! :) Bocks are the heaviest things out there. I usually split a bottle with someone if there's anyone willing.
-Renegade (February 01, 2011, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. A half pint at a time is plenty when it comes to a quality bock. Especially this one.

Ages well, so don't be afraid to stock up if you have a dark cool place to cellar it. Haven't enjoyed something this complex since O'Hanlon's stopped brewing its legendary Thomas Hardy Ale. :-*

This is the grande vin burgundy of dark beers IMO. I'm normally an ale fan who has scant interest in lagers. I make an exception for this one.

Here's what Sam Adams has to say about it:

Intense and warming, a meal in a bottle.

One cannot help but appreciate Samuel AdamsĀ® Double Bock's huge malt character.  We use an enormous amount of malt, half a pound per bottle, to brew this intensely rich lager.  Its deep brown-ruby color is all made in the kettle, no black malt is used, resulting in a rich sweetness that is free of the rough taste of burnt malt.  All that remains is the velvet smooth flavor and mouth feel of the two-row malt. Samuel Adams Double Bock's intense malt character is balanced with a subtle piney, citrus hop note from the Noble hops.
--- End quote ---

Awesome stuff.  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Given permissions being set that disallow normal users from disabling the adapters, how is using devcon, (which I've used for other things), going to help?

Guess I'll have to fire up XP Pro and have a play in the Group Policy editor.

Scratch that, looks like server OS only.

Time to put the thinking cap on.

^ You are correct. There is a 32 and a 64bit version. Completely forgot about that. -40hz (February 01, 2011, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The 64bit version included is for Intel Itaniums, (ia64), won't work on x64 installations.

i don't think you're a cracker failure.-superboyac (February 01, 2011, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't suggesting I'm a cracker failure, perish the thought, I was suggesting my next program would be a cracker failure....as in format your drive type  ;D

^Yep. That's the tricky part of the equation. You'd need to get that information somehow. If not through devcon, then some other way. I'd guess polling the registry would be how a pro would get it.
-40hz (February 01, 2011, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

devcon listclass net >list.txt

Then string match the first 3 characters of each line to USB, PCI or BTH - should pick up almost any network hardware, giving you hardware ID, (for devcon), and adapter name, (for GUI).

superboyac:
Man, this adapter ID thing is totally the reason why there are no good third party network software for windows.  I've always wondered why there were no cool little software out there to improve on little annoyances like this related to networks.

4wd:
Man, this adapter ID thing is totally the reason why there are no good third party network software for windows.  I've always wondered why there were no cool little software out there to improve on little annoyances like this related to networks.
-superboyac (February 01, 2011, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

It would be nice to know whether devcon worked in your situation before proceeding along this path.

Any chance you can download DEVCON, do the following in a CLI and paste the results in list.txt here?

devcon listclass net >list.txt

Then we could give you a devcon command to try and disable the adapter, if it doesn't work then there doesn't seem to be an easy way around the permissions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version