ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Block/Unblock all network traffic button (one-click)

<< < (5/11) > >>

superboyac:
If the gods of brewing make anything better, they're keeping it for themselves AFAICT. :up:
-40hz (February 01, 2011, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
The other gods might have better stuff...

Renegade:
No worries! Just 2 bottles of Samuel Adams Double Bock  :-* (yummy!) twice a day, combined with very little exercise, and you'll soon have one too! Just ask my nephew. (Who is reading this and is not amused.) :P
 (see attachment in previous post)
If the gods of brewing make anything better, they're keeping it for themselves AFAICT. :up:
-40hz (February 01, 2011, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that a real bock? If it is... Jeez... You don't need 2 a day to get fat! :) Bocks are the heaviest things out there. I usually split a bottle with someone if there's anyone willing.

4wd:
you're right.  I'm at work, and i can't disable this connection.  I'm guessing it's a restriction put in place by our network admins. (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (February 01, 2011, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly, (from here):

Ability to Enable/Disable a LAN connection
Administrative Template: System
Policy Node: USER
Policy Path: Administrative Templates\Network\Network Connections
Supported On: At least Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 1
Help/Explain Text: Determines whether users can enable/disable LAN connections. If you enable this setting, the Enable and Disable options for LAN connections are available to users (including nonadministrators). Users can enable/disable a LAN connection by double-clicking the icon representing the connection, by right-clicking it, or by using the File menu. If you disable this setting (and enable the Enable Network Connections settings for Administrators setting), double-clicking the icon has no effect, and the Enable and Disable menu items are disabled for all users (including administrators). Important: If the Enable Network Connections settings for Administrators is disabled or not configured, this setting will not apply to administrators on post-Windows 2000 computers. If you do not configure this setting, only Administrators and Network Configuration Operators can enable/disable LAN connections. Note: Administrators can still enable/disable LAN connections from Device Manager when this setting is disabled.
Registry Settings: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Network Connections!NC_LanConnect
--- End quote ---

Ah well, my second crack at a coding snack has failed to live up to expectations  :(

On the bright, the third time should be a cracker, (whether cracker failure I'm not sure about).  :D

It's usually a troubleshooting reason.  The most recent example is I'm trying to troubleshoot my email program, and I don't want it accidentally sending recieving any email until all my settings are the way i like it.  because if i don't like it, I'm going to move certain files around and i don't want an email or two slipping in there during the interim, because then my last "good" files are not the latest and greatest.  So stuff like that.
-superboyac (February 01, 2011, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I usually use the 'one size fits all' solution of unplugging the network cable. ;)

superboyac:
i don't think you're a cracker failure.

What if you try devcon, from 40hz' suggestion above?  In case it requires downloading a file, I have an elegant solution for you.  Now, most developers in that case would have an instruction in a forum saying you have to download this file and put it here to make it work, etc.  They might even go so far as providing the link to the file for you.  but the best way would be to have the program's installer offer to download the file and install it for you in case it's not installed yet.  I've seen .net programs do this, so it's not unprecedented.

Then, you can use the codes for devcon to do the network blocking thing.  Yeah?

Stoic Joker:
You would still have to manually dredge up the Adapter's ID string for devcon to (target) use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version