i just tried the file listed above, and it works functionally, but it gives the following error dialog when toggling it on or off: (see attachment in previous post)
So I get that error when toggling the button on and off,
OK, that's a result of me not getting the syntax of DevCon correct - it's (en|dis)abling all matching interfaces instead of just the selected one. I don't have a machine with two NICs with the same ID but different instances. Plus not closing the STDIO handle after running DevCon.
The attached should fix that.
and sometimes the save nic dialog pops up again.
Are you sure you're not hitting the RMB, (that will bring up the interface selection window), on the icon instead of the LMB ?
LMB - Toggle
RMB - Config
There's only three ways to call the NIC Selector routine:
1) First run of the program will call it when it doesn't find NICToggle.ini in the same directory as the executable.
2) If you run the program and the previously saved NIC hardware ID instance, (has to match exactly), doesn't exist it will open the selector to pick another one, (eg. you're running it from a flash drive and plugged it into a new machine).
3) You click the right mouse button on the icon.
Next time it happens can you try and recreate and/or note the steps taken, state of NIC before/after, etc?NOTES:
There's an arbitrary limit of 10 physical NICs, (PCI or USB), I'm sure there's a reason to have more, I just couldn't think of it.
- Fixed - DevCon parameters NQR, was acting on all matching ID strings.
- Fixed - Forgot to close STDIO after each DevCon execution.
- Added - Rescans available NICs when the config is called, (in case a USB NIC is plugged in).
- Add back 'All interfaces' option, (should easy - FLW).
- Add comments to source, (CYM).
UPDATED: See here