ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Block/Unblock all network traffic button (one-click)

(1/11) > >>

superboyac:
Since I've switched to MSE from Kaspersky, there is one thing I miss: the "block all network traffic" button.  Kasperksy had a feature where you could right click on the system tray icon and block all network traffic.  It would be cool if someone could write something that could quickly block and unblock network traffic simply by clicking on the system tray icon.  If you block it, the icon turns red, if you unblock it, it turns green.

It should really be that simple.  And it should play well with the actual firewall software you are using.

4wd:
Do you mean Internet traffic or ALL network traffic?

For all, it would be a simple matter of disabling the interface.

If you mean ALL then I'll try and knock one up for you in a few hours, (basic toggle function is already available).

v0.28 attached.

lanux128:
iirc zonealarm had something like that too. a big button that 'locks-down' all traffic but i can't recall it was only internet traffic or local network as well..

in any case, disabling all network is quite straight-forward, check out this thread.

? hotkey to disable/enable nic

superboyac:
Do you mean Internet traffic or ALL network traffic?

For all, it would be a simple matter of disabling the interface.

If you mean ALL then I'll try and knock one up for you in a few hours, (basic toggle function is already available).
-4wd (January 30, 2011, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup!  All network traffic.  Anything coming in or out of that computer.  Click on, click off.

Thanks!

4wd:
Script was made easy by the use of a AutoIt UDF from Tlem over here.

Anyway, let me know if it works.

UPDATED: See post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version