ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Bookmark Docs - MiniReview

<< < (3/3)

cyberdiva:
Hi, Tomos.  I'm not quite sure I understand your question.  Each program creates bookmarks in its own way.  Perhaps I should start by saying that by "bookmark," I mean setting a way to get back to a particular place in a document or a particular web page."  In my PDF reader, PDF-XChange Viewer, there's a column on the left side of the interface called "Bookmarks."  If I come to a place in the PDF document I'm reading that I want to be able to find again easily, I just click on "New" under Bookmarks.  The bookmark will show up in the Bookmarks column, with whatever name I give it.  I can set multiple bookmarks this way, and they'll all be listed.  Any time I click on one of the bookmarks, I will be taken to its location in the document.

The method is somewhat different but the result is similar in UltraEdit (for TXT or HTML files) and TextMaker (for DOC files).   Somehow I have the feeling that this may not have been what you were asking, but....

tomos:
Hi, Tomos.  I'm not quite sure I understand your question.  Each program creates bookmarks in its own way.  Perhaps I should start by saying that by "bookmark," I mean setting a way to get back to a particular place in a document or a particular web page."-cyberdiva (May 29, 2012, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks cyberdiva,
I wasnt thinking very straight when I asked the question :-[ I've never used bookmarks in any of these apps. Must have a look, thanks!

rjbull:
I should start by saying that by "bookmark," I mean setting a way to get back to a particular place in a document or a particular web page."-cyberdiva (May 29, 2012, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Following your earlier post, I read you as implying that Linkman can bookmark not only a Web page, but also a given position on that page.  Is that correct, please?

cyberdiva:
@rjbull - No, I didn't mean to imply that Linkman can bookmark a given position in a web page, but I can see how my statement might be interpreted that way.  What I intended was two separate possibilities: a bookmark to enable one to go back to a particular place in a document OR a bookmark to enable one to go back to a particular web page (not a particular place in that web page).  The bookmarks I make in UltraEdit, PDF-XChange Viewer, and TextMaker do the former, while the bookmarks in Linkman do the latter.  (See Steven Avery's discussion above for more discussion of what Linkman can do.)

rjbull:
No, I didn't mean to imply that Linkman can bookmark a given position in a web page, but I can see how my statement might be interpreted that way.-cyberdiva (May 30, 2012, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK, thanks.  Reiterating my own earlier post, it's a feature I'd like, and like to work in the same way as a text editor does.  That looks more like a job for a Firefox extension than a separate program... but it was worth asking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version