ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Bookmark Docs - MiniReview

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
It's on offer on Bits du Jour today, 2012-02-12, 50% off, $12.45 instead of $24.95.

Actually it seems more than I need; I'd be perfectly happy with some kind of Firefox extension (better still, if other browsers supported as well) that used Ctrl+F2 and F2 in the way that most text editors do, even if it didn't remember the bookmarks between sessions.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Just keep in mind that books at google and archive.org have directly page urls so for those Linkman (my bookmark program of choice in the post-Powermarks era) works fine.  

Similarly large web pages often have multiple urls for sections. Generally it is not too hard to find your spot, although it might be quite helpful in shared links.  This will take some testing to see if the extra pointing functionality is important, and how smooth it is, and whether it justifies augmenting Linkman.  Or if there is something here that should be suggested to Outertech for the long term :) .

For me, the big functionality improvement would be PDFs, which are notoriously resistant to good bookmarking and are often fairly long.

Have to find a few minutes to really try it out.

Steven

Curt:
From "Found Deals and Discounts":

Upgrade policy

All upgrades are free for one year after the purchase of Bookmark Docs.
After the first year, you can order new version with a 40% discount.

Special offers:
License renewal for a year with a 70% discount for only $7.45
Or a renewal for 3 years with a 50% discount for only $12.45
-Bookmark Docs
--- End quote ---

Now may be the right time to make a purchase!  :up: http://www.bookmarkdocs.com/purchase.html

What are you users saying, is it (still) a fine program?  :tellme:
-what about working together with Firefox ... ??

-Curt (April 02, 2012, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

cyberdiva:
This will take some testing to see if the extra pointing functionality is important, and how smooth it is, and whether it justifies augmenting Linkman.  Or if there is something here that should be suggested to Outertech for the long term :) .

For me, the big functionality improvement would be PDFs, which are notoriously resistant to good bookmarking and are often fairly long.
-Steven Avery (April 02, 2012, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried Bookmarkdocs, probably because I haven't felt the need to do so.  Like Steven, I'm very pleased with Linkman for most web bookmark needs.  Off the web, I've made bookmarks easily in TXT documents with my text editor, UltraEdit, and I've found that I can make bookmarks in PDF files with my pdf reader, the free PDF-XChange Viewer.  As for DOC files, I use SoftMaker Office, and their MSWord alternative, TextMaker, also can make bookmarks.  That leaves relatively few things for which I'd need Bookmarkdocs.  

tomos:
Off the web, I've made bookmarks easily in TXT documents with my text editor, UltraEdit, and I've found that I can make bookmarks in PDF files with my pdf reader, the free PDF-XChange Viewer.  As for DOC files, I use SoftMaker Office, and their MSWord alternative, TextMaker, also can make bookmarks.  That leaves relatively few things for which I'd need Bookmarkdocs.
-cyberdiva (May 29, 2012, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dont fully understand, cyberdiva - when you say "I can make bookmarks" - what exactly do you do? (if you think we're taking things too off-topic, you could start a new thread.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version