ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Darwinism + geneticism + two-wheeled vehicles = ... awesomeness.

<< < (7/8) > >>

timns:
I like the new version. I'm running it non-stop with the 8-wheels-max setting - it is hilarious.

I am annoyed through that only some of the wheels seem to be 'powered'. Some touch the ground at times but don't propel it at all, making me slide back down on ramps after a few amusing flips. :(
-worstje (January 28, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Every time that happens, in my mind I hear the muted trumpet of disappointment: wah-wah-waaaahhh

Deozaan:
This seems to make a great case for Intelligent Design. ;) I'm sure after a few minutes of manually tweaking I could get my motorcycle to fare a lot better than it's doing after hours of evolutionary genetic mutations. :P

Eóin:
True, but could you design a better motorcycle than one resulting from 1 million+ years of evolving 8)

Deozaan:
True, but could you design a better motorcycle than one resulting from 1 million+ years of evolving 8)
-Eóin (January 28, 2011, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Show me a motorcycle that's been evolving for 1+ million years and I'll let you know. :P

Eóin:
I am annoyed through that only some of the wheels seem to be 'powered'. Some touch the ground at times but don't propel it at all, making me slide back down on ramps after a few amusing flips. :(
-worstje (January 28, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

To me it does seem all the wheels are powered, but inertia, friction, gravity, etc mean some times a wheel doesn't seem to cut for a slope. Personally I'd like to see them being given more time to recover after sliding back down a hill. I've seen a few look like they were about to start motoring up the hill but a killed off because the inertia from the previous slide down it still lingered just a bit.

I imagine though the author was careful to avoid any loops where a car never actually progressed, but also never got killed off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version