ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Darwinism + geneticism + two-wheeled vehicles = ... awesomeness.

<< < (2/8) > >>

timns:
Now if only the graphics were provided by nudone - an instant CT crossover :)

timns:
What sort of scores are people getting? I just had a lively little beach buggy score 166.9 in generation 4...

timns:
It looks fun, but what's the parameter used to determine when a new car is generated?

Every contraption I've seen so far seems to "survive" for a mere couple of seconds :( - IMHO the stopping parameter should be "hasn't moved for n seconds", whereas it seems to currently be pretty much random.
-f0dder (January 28, 2011, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is simply due to the physics engine running very quickly. Looking on my system, it's evaluating at around 500 fps, so the algorithm is looking well ahead of the graphics and simply knows the moment it's time to cull this machine while the animation is catching up.

worstje:
Scores are pretty meaningless, as everyone gets a random terrain. My terrain is an absolute pain - I ought to restart but I'm just curious to see if it ever passes its old record. :)

timns:
Scores are pretty meaningless, as everyone gets a random terrain. My terrain is an absolute pain - I ought to restart but I'm just curious to see if it ever passes its old record. :)
-worstje (January 28, 2011, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh damn, so what's the point of that? There's a lot of potential for a "game" like this to become more competitive: one challenge, who can breed the best machine to stay the course?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version