ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Darwinism + geneticism + two-wheeled vehicles = ... awesomeness.

<< < (6/8) > >>

Eóin:
Saw this link on Reddit, apparently it's the latest version http://www.boxcar2d.com/.

timns:
On that new version I keep getting cars with no wheels at all!  :mad:

Stoic Joker:
I've been watching for a while now and it appears to me as though the number in parentheses is twice the previous generation's highest score.-Deozaan (January 28, 2011, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with you on the "goal" theory. It seems that the expectations for the current generation are based on the achievements (/aspirations) of the previous generation.

It's also interesting to watch how the mutations follow a pattern as they try to "learn" their surroundings.

A backward flip over (early gens) results in either wheels on top or a forward weight bias.

Forward flips result in more centered weight distribution.

High centering gets a shorter wheel base.

etc, etc.

worstje:
I like the new version. I'm running it non-stop with the 8-wheels-max setting - it is hilarious.

I am annoyed through that only some of the wheels seem to be 'powered'. Some touch the ground at times but don't propel it at all, making me slide back down on ramps after a few amusing flips. :(

Stoic Joker:
I like the new version. I'm running it non-stop with the 8-wheels-max setting - it is hilarious.
-worstje (January 28, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, that's insane!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version