ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Choosing an Installer

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ath:
When creating the installer for JottiQ together with worstje, I published the Inno Setup script-base on my blog
It's a bit more modular then the template by kyrathaba, but also a bit more complex maybe... If you need any support, just ping ;)

timns:
We deleted InstallShield recently. Shredded the disks, and burned effigies of the developers.

We settled on Tarma: http://www.tarma.com/ and so far have been extremely happy. Their support is very responsive too.

worstje:
Tarma does look like a really sweet product. While Inno does everything I expect from it it also has an issue or two that Ath spent time working around for JottiQ (read: JottiQ has weird requirements), so I am actually pretty curious how well Tarma would deal with that. :)

mouser:
When i went searching for installers many years ago, one of my requirements was the ability to make an installer that built setup executables that did not have to bundle in with the files to install.

I use this in my applications to make my installer packages zip-compatible, by NOT having INNO setup package the files, and just make a standalone installer that i then create a self-extracting zip from.

Just something to keep in mind.  Wise used to make an installer that would do this automatically which was really nice.  Both INNO and NIS can create standalone installer exes.  There are a couple more commercial setup makers that also make zip-compatible installer packages, which i really like.

superboyac:
When i went searching for installers many years ago, one of my requirements was the ability to make an installer that built setup executables that did not have to bundle in with the files to install.

I use this in my applications to make my installer packages zip-compatible, by NOT having INNO setup package the files, and just make a standalone installer that i then create a self-extracting zip from.

Just something to keep in mind.  Wise used to make an installer that would do this automatically which was really nice.  Both INNO and NIS can create standalone installer exes.  There are a couple more commercial setup makers that also make zip-compatible installer packages, which i really like.
-mouser (January 28, 2011, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
As an end user, I truly appreciate this approach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version