ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

New tweaks to forum - Jan 27, 2011 (apc caching, server load info)

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Couple of minor tweaks to the forum -- we've set up the APC caching library which should make the forum load faster.

We've added a line to the bottom of each forum page which will show how long the page took to render and the current server "load" (load of 1.0 means cpu is fully loaded; any value under 8 or so is good).  So if a page is slow to load for you, check this line at the bottom of the page -- if its showing fast render time and low server load, then it's probably a network connectivity problem.

I also tried to put back the selective quoting feature on the forum where you can select some text and then hit the quote button to quote only that text; still seems a bit flakey but hopefully that's just old js in the cache which will work itself out.

Stoic Joker:
I also tried to put back the selective quoting feature on the forum where you can select some text and then hit the quote button to quote only that text; still seems a bit flakey but hopefully that's just old js in the cache which will work itself out.-mouser (January 27, 2011, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most cool! ...I've been missing that feature. Also, I can confirm the old js in cache theory. First 3 time I tried to do it here, it failed. So.. I leaned on Ctrl+F5 (for a 3 count), and then it started working just fine.

Armando:
I've been missing that feature.
-Stoic Joker (January 27, 2011, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just tried... it works. I've been missing it too !

:-*

mouser:
New improvements (hopefully) and cleaning up of the register/signup page, hopefully make the process a little smoother AND to make the captcha harder for bots (not sure how many bots are getting through but pays to be pro-active since we are always on the alert for spammers).

mahesh2k:
Why not add text-captcha (that question answer one) to forum sign up page ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version