ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Revo Uninstaller Pro 50% OFF

<< < (4/6) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi,

I think the real-time stuff was Revo's method of doing what Total Install is famous for.  Probably implemented very well in Revo.  I simply find that type of monitoring too heavy as well.

Incidentally, one thing I question in Revo.  The stuff you are deleting by hand (the extra registry entrys and paths) is in bold, but it looks like the program will let you delete more by putting the check in a higher level box. Personally, I think this higher level box should be grayed out, as it would be easy for a non-techie to delete more than they want.  Anybody else notice this ?  I should ask Revo.  (I never tested this.)

Steven

Curt:
http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/winsecretsoffer.html

Discount -50% OFF for Windows Secret readers!

-Revo Pro
--- End quote ---
seen via advert on:
http://windowssecrets.com/newsletter/certificate-cleanup-for-most-personal-computers/

rgdot:
Nice find thanks Curt, went to the buy now page and the coupon seems to work (actually I am a Windows Secret subscriber but not to their paid content). Downloading the trial to see...

Curt:
Incidentally, one thing I question in Revo.  The stuff you are deleting by hand (the extra registry entrys and paths) is in bold, but it looks like the program will let you delete more by putting the check in a higher level box. Personally, I think this higher level box should be grayed out, as it would be easy for a non-techie to delete more than they want.  Anybody else notice this ?  I should ask Revo.  (I never tested this.)-Steven Avery (September 06, 2011, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it is the only program I have from that company, I click "Mark All", and delete the lot. It has never caused my any problems.

Steven Avery:
Hi.

Right. I think that does only the bold ones.

However if a person does a top-level check by hand they may pick up stuff to delete that they do not want to delete. I almost did that once or twice. Anyway, I can ask Revo.  It just seems that some users would do that, causing problems.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version