topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Revo Uninstaller Pro 50% OFF  (Read 21974 times)

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Revo Uninstaller Pro 50% OFF
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:57 PM »
Stumbled upon link by mistake so lets post it  :)

Revo 50% Discount Promo Special: $39.25 -> $19.62

http://www.revounins...aller.com/promo.html
https://revouninstal...nCode=PROMO50UP90INP

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Revo Uninstaller Pro 50% OFF
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:52 AM »
????????

Your first link lead to this weird page (screenshot snippet):

2011-01-28_124847.gif

????????  :tellme:

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Well, maybe it's an referer url for naughty users?, I didn't look to close Curt
If it is, why should naughty get a discount and why would they let google list this url.

I do have a free promotional license for Revo Professional but I'm using Total Uninstall myself rather than Revo,
I think Total Uninstall is more precise and lets me backup my installations, I'm on my third subscription for TU and I'm very pleased.

Revo has DRM, perhaps take that in consideration before any purchase and maybe ask them before what the url is meant for.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:54 AM »
I just realized (= imagined) that the promo link may be a link that should only exist from the inside of Revo Pro trial, so if a certain signal of a kind is not coming "together" with the link, it was not a genuine Revo Pro. Maybe.

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:50 AM »
inurl:promo.html "license" lists on first page from google, a simple dork.
I've sent them an email, maybe they could clarify what type of discount this is, thanks for the heads up Curt

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Hello,

thank you for contact us!
Yes, this page is not accessible from the web site of Revo Uninstaller Pro.
It is shown only to the users that are not using a genuine Revo Uninstaller Pro, but a modified one ( patched, cracked ). As we are not responsible for the content of such executable file modified illegally by a third party we are notifying the users that the program may be malicious and a offering them a discount.
At the moment the coupon code is valid.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Revo Uninstaller Support Team
www.revouninstaller.com

The answer came as suspected, code is valid though  ;)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:32 PM »
A really weird answer, though. I don't have any Revo Pro installed, only the free version. And the only time I have tested the Pro version, I am certain it came from their own page, downloaded via Revo Free! So, the warning was wrong in every aspect.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 04:50 PM »
So, the warning was wrong in every aspect.

The URL is normally only given to people who have a cracked version of the software - the message isn't the result of a test on your installation, it's just the text that's on that web page.

Kind of like if someone else's medical diagnosis found its way into your mail by mistake - that wouldn't mean that you have whatever health problems were found for that other person.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Hi Folks,

Revo has always been a class act, always a helpful program

It looks like the free is not ruinning  Windows 7 ?  Maybe.
Anyway, comparison page here.
http://www.revounins...r_free_download.html

And "Real-Time monitoring of system changes - during install of programs" sounds like a nice feature, plus a couple of other features look decent.  At $20, unless you have a preference for Total or another one already, it is a good deal, or at least try it out, probably our little special find will be there for awhile.

There are some programs that are so good, like Linkman or Revo, that you almost feel that an occasional $10 or $20 is proper. As long as it does not become too much of a habit. (Linkman has been very good that way, Revo's big problem is that the free is so good.)

====

mwb .. I think Curt was talking about how he originally found the page.  That it came up during from some normal use, without a crack in the house.

However, Revo seems willing to keep it available for those who have found it by word-of-mouth, at least for awhile.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:01 PM by Steven Avery »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 05:07 PM »
mwb .. I think Curt was talking about how he originally found the page.  That it came up during from some normal use, without a crack in the house.

I thought that Curt was just going to the link that Bionic71 stumbled on in a Google search?

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 08:53 PM »
No it's not related to your install Curt

I looked up my own license listed here proving my innocence :P
http://www.techno360.in/giveaway-12/

Promo code can also be found at slickdeals
http://slickdeals.ne...duid=0&t=2576999

I do often use dorks and site listings finding promotional offers and this naughty users url lists perfectly in google.
Although maybe i should have looked a little closer before posting  :)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Have read the threads on Revo here on DC, wondering what's the current verdict on buying the pro version vs the freeware. For an 'obsessive' downloader is the pro recommended?

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Have read the threads on Revo here on DC, wondering what's the current verdict on buying the pro version vs the freeware. For an 'obsessive' downloader is the pro recommended?
Check the possibility that it is needed for native Windows 7 apps. Last I checked, for normal use on XP, the regular seems to be exceedingly strong, so that there is little incentive (other than supporting a good company) to go paid.  However the 64-bit issue looked significant, if that is your puter.

Shalom,
Steven

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:39 AM »
@rgdot - The Free and the Pro are two very different programs. The Free is really good, but cannot save you, if you install something evil. The Pro can, but it will use aeons of your time, because you have to let it scan during each and every install / update you make. I am too impatient for the Pro version.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Thanks Curt and Steven.

My primary computer is still XP but that will change. I mostly dislike stand alone directory monitors but far too many programs leave garbage and I don't mean just in the registry or bad stuff but also folders in My Documents and Application Data. So I think I will like Revo Pro's 'Real-Time monitoring of system changes - during install of programs', just have to decide, perhaps by downloading the trial.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Hi,

I think the real-time stuff was Revo's method of doing what Total Install is famous for.  Probably implemented very well in Revo.  I simply find that type of monitoring too heavy as well.

Incidentally, one thing I question in Revo.  The stuff you are deleting by hand (the extra registry entrys and paths) is in bold, but it looks like the program will let you delete more by putting the check in a higher level box. Personally, I think this higher level box should be grayed out, as it would be easy for a non-techie to delete more than they want.  Anybody else notice this ?  I should ask Revo.  (I never tested this.)

Steven
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:12 AM by Steven Avery »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 01:16 AM »

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 01:31 AM »
Nice find thanks Curt, went to the buy now page and the coupon seems to work (actually I am a Windows Secret subscriber but not to their paid content). Downloading the trial to see...

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 03:57 AM »
Incidentally, one thing I question in Revo.  The stuff you are deleting by hand (the extra registry entrys and paths) is in bold, but it looks like the program will let you delete more by putting the check in a higher level box. Personally, I think this higher level box should be grayed out, as it would be easy for a non-techie to delete more than they want.  Anybody else notice this ?  I should ask Revo.  (I never tested this.)

If it is the only program I have from that company, I click "Mark All", and delete the lot. It has never caused my any problems.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57 AM »
Hi.

Right. I think that does only the bold ones.

However if a person does a top-level check by hand they may pick up stuff to delete that they do not want to delete. I almost did that once or twice. Anyway, I can ask Revo.  It just seems that some users would do that, causing problems.

Steven

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Hi all.

Two quick comments:

• I usually click the "Check All" box in Revo Free and let it select all related registry keys; Revo hasn’t messed up yet that I can tell. At least no bad effects apparent. Like Curt mentioned above, though, if I have other programs by the same developer I then click very little or sometimes none at all as I fear they may be shared with the other programs.
  • I just clicked the "AutoUpdates" button in my copy of Revo Free and there is also a 50% discount offer there, for licenses for one or three computers. Screen cap below:  

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

Link for the one computer "Buy Now" button is https://revouninstaller.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=2809072&quantity=1

(Notice the offer for Registry Booster 2011? Don’t click that button! Hopefully that crap disappears with the Pro version!)

Thank you.

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 10:04 AM »
OK - stupid posting questions:

In the above post I had to eventually add periods on the lines after the List and before the uploaded image; otherwise no matter how many line feeds I added between them the image was butting right up against the last list line. Is there a more aesthetic way to ensure space between lists and images?

Same with spacing between list items in a list - if a list is fairly long it helps to add a line feed between line items, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that. Is there one that I am missing?

Thank you.

Jim

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58 AM »
I always hit Enter twice between text and pictures.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14 AM »
I always hit Enter twice between text and pictures.

That's not working here.  :(

Thank you.

Jim

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Is there a more aesthetic way to ensure space between lists and images?
I must admit that I don't have that problem.

The previous two lines have spaces on them, not periods. Will that work for you?
I don't see a code for vtab in the SMF BBC (doesn't mean there isn't one).

I'm assuming that you did close the list.
Another, more tedious option would be to add some transparent space to the top of your image
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:38 AM by cranioscopical, Reason: Afterthought - the poor thinker\'s answer to forethought. »