topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CloudZap on Bits Du Jour - Saturday 9-10-11  (Read 2350 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CloudZap on Bits Du Jour - Saturday 9-10-11
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:47 AM »
Hi Folks,

Well it is ending in a bit more than an hour. And one comment earlier on Donationcoder was "a solution looking for a problem".  Nonetheless I like it.  And the Bits price is ok.. $9.95.

Cloudzap
http://www.bitsdujou...m/software/cloudzap/

Not for pictures so much. Now we have screenshot captor and zUploader (or zScreen and zUploader) which covers that well. And CloudZap only integrates with SnagIt, a very good program with a $50 price tag. btw, zUploader looks more configurable in terms of adding your own new storage units.

However, CloudZap has a couple of nice features.  Simultaneous uploading-distribution to a few places at once. That might not be in zUploader.  An evernote connection. A rudimentary history file. And, most of all, a printer driver. 

Normally when I want to save a picture, especially from a webpage like an invoice confirmation, I use the pdfFactory printer driver from the Fineprint people.  And save the PDF to a file.  So the idea here is that you use their printer driver and then download-upload simultaneously .. to your file, and to some upload places. 

Similar can be nice on sharing files. One lack seems to be not giving you back a sharing link on those types of uploads, but I have a question in about that.  You would like the automatic upload to give you the file share link in some nice easy places without logging in on your own.

This is all done on a rudimentary level, so lots of tweaks of the above are possible.

Steven