ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

C gibberish <-> English

<< < (2/2)

Edvard:
Sorry f0dder, but that was my lame attempt at continuing the joke.
Wishful thinking perhaps, that plain english could be translated into leet C code.  :-[
It's one thing to "Declare bar as const pointer", quite another to "Shoot death star, make asplode".  :P

I kinda figured that was what cdecl was doing, and it's interesting in it's own right, but I wonder if it could be used as a tool to help aspiring programmers learn?

It'd probably be most useful as a tool for deciphering legacy code that's been dropped in your lap...

timns:

I kinda figured that was what cdecl was doing, and it's interesting in it's own right, but I wonder if it could be used as a tool to help aspiring programmers learn?

It'd probably be most useful as a tool for deciphering legacy code that's been dropped in your lap...
-Edvard (January 29, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

One day there'll be such a thing, but at that point all the clever coding will be done by systems themselves. We will be wearing silver suits and flying around in our own personal hover pods.

However, I do like your idea of a programming language whose sole purpose is to help people think in a programmy way.

Edvard:
I thought that's what BASIC was for  :P

Or Ruby...  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version