ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Drop target to move files to predefined folders

<< < (4/16) > >>

timns:
looks like we did lose 7 posts on the entire forum, between the time we sent the forum into administrative mode and the time we ran the backup. im still not sure exactly how that could have happened, BUT thanks to new email low tech backup solution, but i have the contents of them and will send the losts posts to the authors.

-mouser (January 27, 2011, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well that ain't so bad, eh? Thanks for sorting that out.

timns:
And this was our conversation, skwire:

[Quote from: skwire on 26-01-2011, 14:26:41]
[Quote from: timns on 26-01-2011, 13:32:05]
That would be a big step in the right direction!
Presumably I could have several of those, each with different destination selections?
[/quote]
I suppose that depends on how complete/complex/open-ended this application needs to be.? I could write it such a way that it runs out of its own folder, looks for its menu config file and shows a small GUI drop zone.? You could rename the script and run as many as you like.? This way, I don't have to spend time writing a full-fledged app with all sorts of GUI configuration, etc.? Or, I could write a GUI-based app with, say, nine drop zones (basic groupboxes or whatever) on one GUI form (3x3, etc) and a simple configuration dialog for each.
[/quote]
Per-folder would be perfectly acceptable? Thmbsup

skwire:
Here is the first release of Drop Zone.  Download

Random notes:

* Very basic look and feel at this point.
* Minimal testing so you run it at your own risk.  Test it out on copies of files first.
* The executable will create an INI file of the same name as the executable e.g. DropZone.exe will make a DropZone.ini.  This way, you can just make copies of the DropZone.exe file, rename them, and run multiple instances from the same folder.
* When it first runs, you will see a small square GUI with a single groupbox.  This is your drop zone.  Right-click it to get a small menu offering edit and reload options.  Choose edit to bring up the INI file for that instance.  The options are pretty self-explanatory.  Change options to suit, enter destination paths, save file and choose the reload option from DropZone's menu.
* Once you're happy with the options, drag and drop some files and/or folders onto Drop Zone.  A menu will pop up with your configured destination paths.  Choose a destination and witness your files and folders being dealt with accordingly.
* It uses the ShellFileOperation API so larger file operations will automatically pop up the standard Windows progress window.  File collisions are automatically renamed via this API as well.
* It is Unicode capable.
Again...this is very early, and only represents about an hour of work, but I wanted to see if this was along the lines of what you had in mind.  Let me know what you think.

PhilB66:
@skwire

The download link (and your Website) not accessible.

skwire:
Should be fixed now.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version