ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

RIFT - MMORPG Beta Invite

<< < (4/6) > >>

wraith808:
Ok ok ok...

For speed of play, Palladium rocks. :P

Muahahahaha~!
-Renegade (January 26, 2011, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Must.not.reply.  Must.not.reply!  ;D
-wraith808 (January 26, 2011, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! :D

Do we have a d20 die hard?

-Renegade (January 27, 2011, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope... I've played everything under the sun pretty much.  I'm running a 4e game right now, but that was just the choice of the people I'm playing with.  My favorites have been Amber, the FATE system, the One-Roll Engine, and RoleMaster.  I just don't really like palladium (too dry) or hero (too many rules for no reason)

Renegade:
Nope... I've played everything under the sun pretty much.  I'm running a 4e game right now, but that was just the choice of the people I'm playing with.  My favorites have been Amber, the FATE system, the One-Roll Engine, and RoleMaster.  I just don't really like palladium (too dry) or hero (too many rules for no reason)
-wraith808 (January 29, 2011, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

2 of the BEST systems I've ever seen are without doubt:

Paranoia (The computer is your friend~!)

kill puppies for satan

Here's a quote from the game:

The game is about killing puppies for satan, you didn't think it would not be NSFW, did you? :)kill puppies for satan
yes every puppy you kill its innocent little soul goes straight to doggy heaven with all the pretty doggy angels. fortunately satan doesn’t give a fuck.
character creation
take a piece of paper and write in big letters across the top: i kill puppies for satan. that’s your character sheet. next write: my name is and put your character’s name. you get four stats, so write them next in a little column: cold, fucked up, mean, and relentless. the scale is 1 to 5, with 1 being normal and 5 being diabolical. leave a little space and then write: evil. killing puppies (and other animals) gives you evil, which you then get to spend on doing supernatural evil things. now leave a big space and write: this many people hate me. this is where you keep track of how many people hate you.
so there’s your character sheet. you get 11 points to spend on your four stats. yes, 11. just give each one a number from 1 to 5 and make sure they add up to 11. remember that satan likes cheaters but the gm doesn’t.
here’s what’s up with the stats.
cold – this is how heartless and calculating a motherfucker you are. make cold rolls whenever you do something that requires exactness, patience, knowledge, or great care, like disarming a security system or reading a book. cold corresponds to intelligence in a normal game. a regular person has a cold of 1, and hannibal lecter has a cold of 5.
fucked up – this is how devious, deviant and weird a motherfucker you are. make fucked up rolls whenever you do something that requires paranoia, edginess, quick wits, or sneakiness, like hiding under a bridge or noticing that somebody’s disturbed your freezer unit. fucked up corresponds to perception and stealth in a normal game. a regular person has a fucked up of 1, and that guy from se7en has a fucked up of 5.
mean – this is how violent and ruthless a motherfucker you are. make mean rolls whenever you do something that requires strength, viciousness, rage, or brutality, like pulling a trigger or snapping handcuffs. mean corresponds to strength and skill in a normal game. a regular person has a mean of 1, and mickey and mallory from natural born killers have a mean of 5.
and finally relentless – this is how gutsy and powerful a motherfucker you are. make relentless rolls whenever you do something that requires endurance, discipline, tenacity, or the will to carry on, like swimming underwater or chewing through leather straps. relentless corresponds to stamina in a normal game. a regular person has a relentless of 1, and jason has a relentless of 5.
now if you absolutely must cheat, fine, take the points, satan’s proud of you. but the gm’s gonna fuckin’ make you pay.

Lots of hatemail for kpfs. Here's one:

Oh so very very NSFWhate "kill puppies": 10 // hate "for satan": 6 // undeclared: 4 // are fixated on my anus: 1

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:59:28 EST
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: HI
    You are a fucking idiot for making a game like this. I myself am an animal lover & it's people like you that make it impossible for animals to live happily without some asshole coming along & feeding a dog anti-freeze to kill it. You disgust me & b/c of you & your game people everywhere are killing innocent dogs b/c they think it's "cool". I have an idea for a game!
    How about "BLOW JONATHAN TWEET'S HEAD OFF FOR PUPPIES!" Fuck you you fucking dickwad!!!!!!!!!!!!

in your honor i create:

fuckwit the roleplaying game

in fuckwit you have only one stat, fuckwitude. it represents how fuckwitted you are. you roll on it whenever you try to do something.

character creation: roll a d10. add 90. that's your fuckwitude.

resolution: when you try to do something, roll percentile dice (d%). if the dice come up equal to or greater than your fuckwitude, fine. carry on. if they come up less than your fuckwitude, stop! you do something fuckwitted instead. roll d% on the fuckwitted action table:
    d%   fuckwitted action
    1-45   you send me the "how could you hurt a sweet little animal!" hatemail.
    46-75   you send me the "won't you accept christ's good lovin' if you don't it's the anal rape pits for you!" hatemail.
    76-95   you send me the "fuck you you're teaching all the children everywhere that it's cool to kill puppies!" hatemail.
    96-100   roll twice.

you get xp's x 1.5 if you put "cool" in quotes.

fuckwit.

But I've not really played much of anything in years.

For kpfs, even if you never play it, it is very very worth the $10 or so just to read. FAIR WARNING: You may very well piss yourself laughing. Stay close to the WC. :)

Deozaan:
There's another beta event happening this weekend:

The RIFT beta continues this weekend with the next beta event, Planar War, which is set to begin Friday, Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00 AM (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Feb. 7, 2011.
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
There's another beta event happening this weekend:

The RIFT beta continues this weekend with the next beta event, Planar War, which is set to begin Friday, Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00 AM (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Feb. 7, 2011.
--- End quote ---
-Deozaan (February 03, 2011, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for the heads-up! will check my email. :)

lanux128:
The devs of Rift have made a special tie-in with Valve's online shooter Team Fortress 2, which offers some bonus items in both games. these tie-ins are becoming the norm for Valve to capitalize on the hat-loving crowd, showing how much virtual items are held in high regards by their fans.

Steam customers who pre-order Rift by March 1st will get two exclusive melee weapons in Team Fortress 2, the Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Sun-on-a-Stick (see pic). Additionally, players who complete the new Riftwalker achievement will receive a redeemable code for an equally exclusive (and terrifying) headpiece in Rift, the Well Spun Hat.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version