ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

RIFT - MMORPG Beta Invite

(1/6) > >>

Deozaan:
RIFT is a new MMORPG that is coming out in March. I'd say it's a bit like World of Warcraft, but the main draw is that there are Rifts (aka portals) that can appear almost anywhere, out of which monsters will spew and you have to defeat all the monsters and shut the rift to restore sanity to an area. If you think that sounds similar to Oblivion, you're not alone. But it is a bit different (you don't ever enter the Rifts to close them, AFAIK).

Anyway I'm too lazy to write up a long description about the game, so check out the website for more info:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/
My purpose in writing this here is to say that I have received two VIP beta invite keys which can be used by up to 25 people (each), and will get you access to all the remaining beta events until the game's launch in March.

Key6JTN-9PZT-72RK-JKW9-JWCF

To Apply the VIP Code:

Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

I'll reserve one key for existing DC members so that we don't get an influx of people who just want the game invite. So if you're an existing DC member and want in but the above key doesn't work for you, send me a PM and I'll let you use my other key.

wraith808:
They're sending out a lot of these now... :)

Deozaan:
They're sending out a lot of these now... :)
-wraith808 (January 25, 2011, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, you just had to be subscribed to the newsletter to get one of these VIP beta keys, so they're probably not that rare. But I never would have heard about this game (until after release, probably) if someone didn't mention it to me about a month ago.

Basically, if you've never heard about it or weren't subscribed to the newsletter and are interested in playing the beta, now's your chance. :)

Renegade:
Sounds like they may end up with a trademark infringement case from Palladium. I thought the game was for their off-line game.

Had a quick look at the website... Why do all games need to have classes? The Hero system is nice because you don't have to be jammed into a "class". Ah well...

wraith808:
Sounds like they may end up with a trademark infringement case from Palladium. I thought the game was for their off-line game.

Had a quick look at the website... Why do all games need to have classes? The Hero system is nice because you don't have to be jammed into a "class". Ah well...
-Renegade (January 25, 2011, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

They've already been through that rodeo.  Don't remember what the outcome was, but it's still here.  Kevin Siembieda is pretty rabid about protecting his IPs, so they wouldn't have gotten *this* far without hearing from him...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version