ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is SEO worth the trouble?

<< < (2/5) > >>

superboyac:
You might want to take a look at my article How can you rank well on search engines, without fussing with SEO?

This has been my approach to SEO for awhile, and I have had no problems with it. My ebook directory is the top result in Google for the keywords "programming ebooks" and has been for a number of years, despite site design changes, domain name changes, and being a victim of content theft (a lot of people with high PR blogs copied the original one page site and shoved it into a single blog post, never even bothering to link back to me as the source of their info).

I also do not have problems with any of my other sites when I follow my own rules.
-app103 (January 25, 2011, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks app!  That's a very well written article, I'll definitely be using that.  To all interested, I think App's article is excellent and addresses the intent of this thread I started.

app103:
Thanks app!  That's a very well written article, I'll definitely be using that.  To all interested, I think App's article is excellent and addresses the intent of this thread I started.
-superboyac (January 25, 2011, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. It was written as a response to the exact question in the title of the article. If one person wants to know, others are bound to want the same, so I turned my response into a blog article, to benefit all asking the same question.

Renegade:
YES!
It is absolutely worth it.

But I wouldn't believe everything you read about it. A lot is just conjecture.

I do things that "gurus" say don't work, but I get results.

superboyac:
-superboyac (January 25, 2011, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. It was written as a response to the exact question in the title of the article. If one person wants to know, others are bound to want the same, so I turned my response into a blog article, to benefit all asking the same question.
-app103 (January 25, 2011, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
i love that.  Those are the kinds of websites that are worth finding through the sludge of the google crap.

superboyac:
But I wouldn't believe everything you read about it. A lot is just conjecture.
I do things that "gurus" say don't work, but I get results.
-Renegade (January 25, 2011, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
What is it you do that gurus say doesn't work?  And how do you get results?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version