ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: One-click shortcut to open Windows XP "wireless network connection" dialog

(1/1)

superboyac:
Hi folks, here's another very particular request from me.  I'd like to have shortcut that can open the "wireless network connection" dialog in Windows XP with one click.  If you search the net, you will find that nobody has such a thing available, and others have asked before me.
In case there's any question what window I'm talking about, it's this one:

So, once again, I'm looking for a one-click shortcut.  So when I click on the shortcut, that window opens immediately.  I've gotten it down to two clicks using the standard procedures available in XP, but I can't seem to figure out a way to get it down to one.  So I think an AHK thing or something would do the job.  Thanks!

MilesAhead:
I don't have WiFi enabled to even have the dialog. But you might find the applet code here:

http://dx21.com/coding/libraries/rundll32/default.aspx

or on another similar reference.  Usually there's a clsid string in braces {} or there's an applet with .cpl extension.  Once you know which to bring up then you can wait and deliver a mouse click with AHK to click the appropriate tab or whatnot.

awopbamboo:
I think you can go to Control Panel, right-click on the wireless network connection (that you want to open with one click).  Choose 'Create Shortcut'.  Then, move that shortcut to the desktop.

That should do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version