topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: One-click shortcut to open Windows XP "wireless network connection" dialog  (Read 8187 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi folks, here's another very particular request from me.  I'd like to have shortcut that can open the "wireless network connection" dialog in Windows XP with one click.  If you search the net, you will find that nobody has such a thing available, and others have asked before me.
In case there's any question what window I'm talking about, it's this one:
wifi-connection.jpg

So, once again, I'm looking for a one-click shortcut.  So when I click on the shortcut, that window opens immediately.  I've gotten it down to two clicks using the standard procedures available in XP, but I can't seem to figure out a way to get it down to one.  So I think an AHK thing or something would do the job.  Thanks!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't have WiFi enabled to even have the dialog. But you might find the applet code here:

http://dx21.com/codi...undll32/default.aspx

or on another similar reference.  Usually there's a clsid string in braces {} or there's an applet with .cpl extension.  Once you know which to bring up then you can wait and deliver a mouse click with AHK to click the appropriate tab or whatnot.

awopbamboo

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you can go to Control Panel, right-click on the wireless network connection (that you want to open with one click).  Choose 'Create Shortcut'.  Then, move that shortcut to the desktop.

That should do it.